It is our responsibility to prepare students’ appearance for expected norms of society. Therefore, we believe, that a dress/appearance code based upon modesty, civility, health and safety sets a tone conducive to learning and acceptance within the broader community. The dress code will be interpreted and enforced at the sole discretion of the principal or his/her designate.
Students are expected to adhere to the following:
- Clothing which is deliberately torn or revealing is unacceptable (i.e. no crop tops, muscle shirts, halter or tube tops, tops with spaghetti straps or tops where bras are visible)
- The appropriate length for shorts must be past the student’s thumb tips with their arms resting at his/her side.
- No pyjamas
- Clothing with inappropriate language or offensive material (i.e. advertisements for beer/liquor) is not acceptable school attire
- All hats and head coverings should be removed upon entering the school barring medical and religious exemptions
- Gym shoes are suggested, as they are required for physical education. Inside shoes are very important in the event of a fire drill.
- Please make sure that inside shoes have soles that do not leave black marks
- For reasons of safety, jewellery may be required to be removed or covered for Physical Education Classes and other special activities
Students should perform a “self-test” before coming to school. If, when arms are raised above the head, midriff is exposed, then the top is too short. When arms are fully extended against the thigh and fingers touch flesh, the shorts or skirt is too short. Straps thinner than 3-fingers cannot be worn.